Tariff By-law, 2007
- Published in Western Cape Provincial Gazette 6447 on 29 June 2007
- Assented to on 30 May 2007
- Commenced on 1 July 2007
- [This is the version of this document from 29 June 2007 and includes any amendments published up to 28 July 2023.]
2. InterpretationIn this By-Law, the English text prevails in the event of any conflict with the Afrikaans or Xhosa texts, and, unless the context otherwise indicates—"City" means the City of Cape Town;"City’s tariff policy" means a tariff policy adopted by the City in terms of this By-Law;"Constitution" means the Constitution of the Republic of South Africa;"Credit Control and Debt Collection By-Law and Policy" means the City’s Credit Control and Debt Collection By-Law and Policy as required by sections 96(b), 97 and 98 of the Systems Act;"Systems Act" means the Local Government: Municipal Systems Act, 32 of 2000;"tariff" means fees, charges, or any other tariffs levied by the City in respect of any function or service provided by the City, excluding rates levied by the City in terms of the Local Government: Municipal Property Rates Act, 6 of 2004.
3. Adoption and implementation of tariff policy
4. Contents of tariff policyThe City’s tariff policy shall, inter alia:
5. Enforcement of tariff policyThe City’s tariff policy shall be enforced through the Credit Control and Debt Collection By-Law and Policy and any further enforcement mechanisms stipulated in the City’s tariff policy.
6. Operative dateThis By-Law shall take effect on 1 July 2007.
History of this document
01 July 2007
29 June 2007 this version
30 May 2007