This By-law was repealed on 2014-01-17 by Control of Undertakings that Sell Liquor to the Public.
This is the version of this By-law as it was when it was repealed.
- Is repealed by Control of Undertakings that Sell Liquor to the Public
- Is amended by Liquor Trading Days and Hours: Amendment
Liquor Trading Days and Hours By-law, 2010
- Published in Western Cape Provincial Gazette 6788 on 10 September 2010
- Commenced on 1 January 2011
- [This is the version of this document from 26 April 2012 and includes any amendments published up to 28 July 2023.]
- [Amended by Liquor Trading Days and Hours: Amendment on 26 April 2012]
- [Repealed by Control of Undertakings that Sell Liquor to the Public on 17 January 2014]
PreambleWHEREAS a municipality may, in terms of section 156 of the Constitution, make and administer by-laws for the effective administration of matters which it has the right to administer;WHEREAS it is the intention of the City to set trading days and hours for all licensed premises, businesses or outlet situated within the City of Cape Town that sell liquor to the public;AND NOW THEREFORE, BE IT ENACTED by the Council of the City of Cape Town, as follows:-
1A. Application of the by-lawThis By-law applies to all-
2. Trading days and hours for sale and consumption of liquor on licensed premises
3. Trading days and hours for sale of liquor off licensed premisesA licensee may sell liquor for consumption off the licensed premises on the following days and hours:
4. Transitional provision
4A. Application for the extension of trading hours
5. Offences and penalties
6. Short titleThis by-law is called the City of Cape Town By-law on Liquor Trading Days and Hours, 2010 and comes into operation on 1 January 2011.
History of this document
17 January 2014
26 April 2012 this version
Amended by Liquor Trading Days and Hours: Amendment
01 January 2011