This By-law was repealed on 2015-09-11 by Nuisances and Behaviour in Public Places.
Control of Public Behaviour By-law, 2000
- Published in KwaZulu-Natal Provincial Gazette 5531 on 6 July 2000
- Commenced on 6 July 2000
- [This is the version of this document from 6 July 2000 and includes any amendments published up to 15 February 2024.]
- [Repealed by Nuisances and Behaviour in Public Places on 11 September 2015]
PreambleThe Durban Transitional Metropolitan Council and the North Central and South Central Local Councils, acting under the authority of section 160 of the Constitution of the Republic of South Africa Act, 1996 (Act 108 of 1996), hereby publish the following By-laws for the Control of Public Behaviour made by the said Councils at their meeting held on 8 May 2000, which By-laws shall be deemed to have come into effect on—
2. OffencesWhere any Person is ordered to do anything or to not to do something and such Person does not comply with such Order, the recipient of any such Order shall be guilty of an offence and liable for a Fine or imprisonment for a period not exceeding six months or to both such Fine and imprisonment.
3. DefinitionsUnless inconsistent with the context, the words and phrases in these By-laws shall have the following meanings ascribed to them—Amusement Facility: Any “Amusement Facility” within the meaning of Item 1 of Schedule 5B of the Constitution but excluding any Casino, Racing Track, Totalisator Depot or other place where Gambling and Wagering is lawfully carried on;Animal: “Animal” within the meaning of Item 4 of Schedule 4A and Item 7 of Schedule 5B to the Constitution being any member of any species of bird, reptile, amphibian, fish or animal other than homo sapiens;Animal Pound: Any Premises on which a Pound has been lawfully established for the impounding and detention of Animals;Beach: The area within the City referred to in Paragraph 3 (21) (c) of Proc 38 of 1996 and Item 33 of Schedule 2 of Proc 80 of 1996;Boarding House: A Building in or at which the business of providing lodging with meals for reward is conducted for more than four Persons;Building: Any building or erection of an immovable nature for whatever purpose used including in particular, but without affecting the generality of the foregoing, any tank, Swimming Pool, radio mast (other than a radio mast consisting of a single vertical pole), and any wall or Close Boarded Fence more than 2 m in Height and further includes—
History of this document
11 September 2015
Repealed by Nuisances and Behaviour in Public Places