Repeal By-law, 2016
- Published in KwaZulu-Natal Provincial Gazette 1710 on 4 August 2016
- Assented to on 22 June 2016
- Commenced on 4 August 2016
- [This is the version of this document from 4 August 2016 and includes any amendments published up to 10 August 2023.]
PreambleWHEREAS the Municipality has competence in terms of the section 156(2) of the Constitution of the Republic of South Africa to make and administer by-laws for the effective administration of the matters which it has the right to administer;AND WHEREAS it is necessary for the Municipality to maintain legally sound by-laws within its area of jurisdiction;NOW THEREFORE the Municipal Council of the eThekwini Metropolitan Municipality, acting in terms of section 156 of the Constitution of the Republic of South Africa, and read with section 11 of the Local Government: Municipal Systems Act, 2000 (Act No. 32 of 2000), hereby makes the following By-law:
1. Object of the By-law
2. Repeal of by-lawsThe by-laws listed under Schedule A are hereby repealed to the extent indicated in the third column of the said Schedule.
3. Short title and commencementThis By-law is called the eThekwini Municipality: Repeal By-law 2016, and takes effect on the date of publication in the Provincial Gazette.
History of this document
04 August 2016 this version
22 June 2016