COVID-19 RegulationsSome municipal functions such as public transport, restaurant hours and liquor sales are impacted by recent national COVID-19 regulations.
Read the COVID-19 regulations.
This is the latest version of this By-law.
Special Rating Area By-law, 2019
- Published in Gauteng Provincial Gazette no. 79 on 22 April 2020
- Commenced on 22 April 2020
- [Up to date as at 13 May 2020]
Establishment of special rating areas
3. Determination of special rating area
5. Public meetings
6. Business plan
7. Advertising of application and objections
9. Determination of a limited special rating area
Special rating areas - structures and finances
10. Commencement with the business plan
11. Establishment, composition, powers and duties of management body
13. The role of the CFO
Amendment to the business plan and extension of the SRA term
14. Amendment to the business plan
15. Extension of the SRA term
Dissolution of a special rating area
17. Short title and commencement
- Entire By-law
- Chapter 1 – Establishment of special rating areas
- Chapter 2 – Special rating areas - structures and finances
- Chapter 3 – Amendment to the business plan and extension of the SRA term
- Chapter 4 – Dissolution of a special rating area
- Chapter 5 – Miscellaneous provisions
History of this By-law
22 April 2020 this versionPublished in Gauteng Provincial Gazette no. 79By-law commences.