COVID-19 RegulationsSome municipal functions such as public transport, restaurant hours and liquor sales are impacted by recent national COVID-19 regulations.
Read the COVID-19 regulations.
This is the latest version of this By-law.
Prevention of Public Nuisances and the Keeping of Animals, Poultry, Pigeons and Bees By-law, 2004
- Published in Western Cape Provincial Gazette no. 6181 on 22 October 2004
- Commenced on 22 October 2004
- [Up to date as at 10 March 2020]
Part 1 – Public nuisances
2. Behaviour and conduct
Part 2 – Keeping of animals, poultry, pigeons and bees
3. Written permission
Plans for structures and management
8. Visibility of structures on premises
Authorisations and permits
11. Animals and pets kept in an unsatisfactory manner
12. Stray animals and pets
Kennels and catteries
Part 3 – Co-operation between municipalities
Part 4 – Powers of municipality in case of omission by district municipality
Part 5 – General provisions
18. Right of entry and inspection
19. Service of documents and process
- Entire By-law
- 1. Definitions
- Part 1 – Public nuisances
- Part 2 – Keeping of animals, poultry, pigeons and bees
- Part 3 – Co-operation between municipalities
- Part 4 – Powers of municipality in case of omission by district municipality
- Part 5 – General provisions
History of this By-law
22 October 2004 this versionPublished in Western Cape Provincial Gazette no. 6181By-law commences.
Download for later
Download the current version of this By-law to read later on your desktop, e-reader or tablet.