COVID-19 RegulationsSome municipal functions such as public transport, restaurant hours and liquor sales are impacted by recent national COVID-19 regulations.
Read the COVID-19 regulations.
This is the latest version of this By-law.
Submission of Building Plans By-law, 2015
- Published in Western Cape Provincial Gazette no. 7394 on 22 May 2015
- Commenced on 22 May 2015
- [This is the version of this document from 22 May 2015 and includes any amendments published up to 17 June 2022.]
1. DefinitionsIn this by-law, the English text shall prevail in the event of an inconsistency between the different texts, and unless the context indicates otherwise—"Building Act" the National Building Regulations and Building Standards Act, 1977 (Act 103 of 1977) and includes the Building Regulations;"Building Regulations" the National Building Regulations promulgated under GN R2378 of 12 October 1990;"municipality" the Municipality of Swartland established in terms of section 12 of the Local Government: Municipal Structures Act, 117 of 1998;"organ of state"
2. Purpose of by-law and application
3. InterpretationAny provision in this by-law relating to procedures for the submission of and consideration of applications for approval of the erection of a building as well as compliance requirements, must be interpreted as a reference to applicable corresponding provisions in the Building Act and Building Regulations.
4. Compliance and enforcement
5. Determination of tariffsThe municipality may, in terms of its Tariff By-law, determine tariffs and fees for any service rendered in terms of this by-law which must be reviewed annually during the budget process.
6. Offences and penaltiesAny person who erects a building contrary to the provisions of this by-law, or who fails to comply with a notice issued in terms of this by-law, commits an offence and shall upon conviction be liable to—
7. Short title and commencementThis by-law shall be known as the By-law relating to the Submission of Building Plans of Swartland Municipality and shall come into operation on the date of promulgation thereof in the Provincial Gazette.
History of this By-law
22 May 2015 this versionPublished in Western Cape Provincial Gazette no. 7394By-law commences.