COVID-19 RegulationsSome municipal functions such as public transport, restaurant hours and liquor sales are impacted by recent national COVID-19 regulations.
Read the COVID-19 regulations.
This is the latest version of this By-law.
Advisory Board for Nature Reserves By-law, 2007
- Published in Western Cape Provincial Gazette no. 6426 on 16 March 2007
- Commenced on 16 March 2007
- [This is the version of this document from 16 March 2007 and includes any amendments published up to 23 September 2022.]
1. DefinitionsIn this by-law, words used in the masculine gender include the feminine; the singular includes the plural and vice versa; the Afrikaans text shall prevail in the event of an inconsistency between the different texts; and, unless the context otherwise indicates:—"board" means the Advisory Board appointed by the municipality in terms of section 8(1) of the Nature Conservation Ordinance, 19 of 1974;"first meeting" means the first meeting after all the members of the board have been appointed, whether such appointment be the first appointment of members to a board or an appointment in terms of section 3;"municipality" means the Municipality of Drakenstein established in terms of section 12 of the Local Government: Municipal Structures Act, 1998 (Act 117 of 1998), Provincial Notice 488 dated 22 September 2000 and includes any political structure, political office-bearer, councillor, duly authorised agent thereof or any employee thereof acting in connection with this by-law by virtue of a power vested in the municipality and delegated or subdelegated to such political structure, political office-bearer, councillor, agent or employee.
2. Constitution and composition of Board
3. Term of officeMembers of the board shall hold office for a period of three years. A vacancy occurring on the board during such period shall be filled by the appointment of a successor by the municipality, if the member who has vacated the office had been appointed by the municipality, and the person so appointed shall hold office for the unexpired period of office of his predecessor.
4. Election of Chairperson
5. MinutesThe secretary shall keep the minutes of every meeting of the board in a book set aside for that purpose and such minutes shall be submitted by the secretary for confirmation at the next board meeting and if confirmed, shall be signed by the person presiding thereat.
8. Vacation of officeA member of the board who is absent without leave of the board from three consecutive meetings of the board shall cease to be a member of the board unless the board at the following meeting condones such absence, which shall thereupon be deemed to be absence with leave of the board.
9.A member of the board who is also a municipal councillor shall on ceasing to be a municipal councillor cease to be a member of the board; provided that such person may be reappointed a member of the board.
10.A member of the board who desires to resign from the board shall lodge his resignation in writing with the secretary of the board.
11. CommitteesThe board shall be entided to appoint from amongst its members such ccommittees as it may deem to be desirable to assist.
12. CompensationThe fees payable to members of the board for travelling and subsistence allowance shall be determined by the municipality.
13. Powers and functionsWithout in any way detracting from the generality of the powers of the board in terms of section 8(1) of the Nature Conservation Ordinance, 19 of 1974, to advise the municipality and make recommendations to the municipality in connection with the management, control and development of the reserve, the board shall—
14. Repeal of by-lawsThe by-laws listed in the schedule hereto are hereby repealed to the extent indicated in the third column thereof.
15. Short title and commencementThis by-law shall be called the By-law relating to the Advisory Board for Nature Reserves and shall come into operation on the date of publication thereof in the Provincial Gazette.
History of this By-law
16 March 2007 this versionPublished in Western Cape Provincial Gazette no. 6426By-law commences.