COVID-19 RegulationsSome municipal functions such as public transport, restaurant hours and liquor sales are impacted by recent national COVID-19 regulations.
Read the COVID-19 regulations.
This is the latest version of this By-law.
Paarlberg Nature Reserve By-law, 2007
- Published in Western Cape Provincial Gazette no. 6426 on 16 March 2007
- Commenced on 16 March 2007
- [This is the version of this document from 16 March 2007 and includes any amendments published up to 17 March 2023.]
Purpose of by-law• To provide for procedures, methods and practices to regulate the use and management of the Paarl Mountain Nature Reserve.
1. DefinitionsIn this by-law, words used in the masculine gender include the feminine; the singular includes the plural and vice versa; the Afrikaans text shall prevail in the event of an inconsistency between the different texts; and unless the context otherwise indicates:—"municipality" means the Municipality of Drakenstein established in terms of section 12 of the Local Government: Municipal Structures Act. 1998 (Act 117 of 1998), Provincial Notice 488 dated 22 September 2000 and includes any political structure, political office-bearer, councillor, duly authorised agent thereof or any employee thereof acting in connection with this by-law by virtue of a power vested in the municipality and delegated or subdelegated to such political structure, political office-bearer, councillor, agent or employee;"reserve" means the land described in Provincial Notice: Paarlberg Nature Reserve — Provincial Gazette No. 786 of 1978.
2. Nature and Environmental Regulations applicableThe provisions of the Nature and Environmental Conservation Regulations promulgated under Provincial Notice 955 dated 29 August 1975 shall apply mutatis mutandis in respect of the reserve, and any reference in such regulations to —
3. ChargesThe municipality shall fix the charges payable to it in connection with any amenity, facility, entertainment, exhibition, performance or service established or provided by it in respect of the reserve.
4. Camping and picnicking
5. General prohibitionsNo person shall in the reserve—
6. PenaltyAny person who contravenes or fails to comply with any provision of this by-law shall be guilty of an offence and liable upon conviction to —
7. Repeal of by-lawsThe by-laws listed in the schedule hereto are hereby repealed to the extent indicated in the third column thereof. The by-law relating to Paarl Mountain Nature Reserve published per Provincial Notice 786 of 1978 is hereby repealed.
8. Short title and commencementThis by-law shall be known as the By-law Relating to Child Care Facilities and shall come into operation on the date of publication in the Provincial Gazette.
History of this By-law
16 March 2007 this versionPublished in Western Cape Provincial Gazette no. 6426By-law commences.
Download for later
Download the current version of this By-law to read later on your desktop, e-reader or tablet.