COVID-19 RegulationsSome municipal functions such as public transport, restaurant hours and liquor sales are impacted by recent national COVID-19 regulations.
Read the COVID-19 regulations.
This is the latest version of this By-law.
Controlled Parking Areas By-law, 2011
- Published in Western Cape Provincial Gazette no. 6923 on 4 November 2011
- Commenced on 4 November 2011
- [This is the version of this document from 4 November 2011 and includes any amendments published up to 6 May 2022.]
1. Long titleTo provide for the demarcation of certain areas for the control and management of Public Parking by the Municipality or any other entity appointed by the Municipality for such control and management; the operation of such areas and matters incidental thereto.
2. PreambleWHEREAS section 156(2) of the Constitution of the Republic of South Africa, 1996, provides that a municipality may make and administer bylaws for the effective administration of the matters that it is by law obliged to administer;AND WHEREAS the control of parking is one of the matters which a municipality must administer;NOW THEREFOREDrakenstein Municipality has accepted the following bylaw;
3. DefinitionsIn this bylaw, unless inconsistent with the context -
4. Demarcation of controlled parking area
5. Management and control of controlled parking area
6. Identification of parking attendants
7. Short title and commencementThis bylaw shall be known as the Bylaw relating to Controlled Parking Areas and will come into operation on the date of Publication thereof in the Provincial Gazette.
History of this By-law
4 November 2011 this versionPublished in Western Cape Provincial Gazette no. 6923By-law commences.