COVID-19 RegulationsSome municipal functions such as public transport, restaurant hours and liquor sales are impacted by recent national COVID-19 regulations.
Read the COVID-19 regulations.
This is the latest version of this By-law.
Liquor Trading Days and Hours By-law, 2013
- Published in Western Cape Provincial Gazette no. 7078 on 11 January 2013
- Commenced on 11 January 2013
- [This is the version of this document from 11 January 2013 and includes any amendments published up to 23 September 2022.]
2. Application of the By-lawThis by-law applies to all licensed premises within the jurisdiction of the municipality.
3. Trading days and hours for sale and consumption of liquor on licensed premises
4. Trading days and hours for sale of liquor off licensed premisesA licensee may sell liquor for consumption off the licensed premises on the following days and hours:
5. Appointment of authorised officialsThe municipality may appoint any official to implement and enforce the provisions of this by-law.
6. Determination of licensed premises typeWhere the definition or category of any licensed premises type as reflected in items 1 to 7 of the schedule to this by-law is uncertain or difficult to determine, an authorised official as contemplated in section 5 may determine the definition thereof in order to determine the trading hours applicable thereto.
8. Application for extended trading hours
9. Annual renewal of licenses
10. AppealA person or judicial entity whose rights are affected by a decision of the municipality in terms of delegated authority may appeal against that decision by giving written notice of the appeal and the reasons therefore in terms of section 62 of the Local Government: Municipal Systems Act, Act 32 of 2000 to the municipal manager within 21 days of the date of the notification of the decision.
11. Offences and penalties
12. Short titleThis by-law is called the Drakenstein Municipality By-law on Liquor Trading Days and Hours and shall come into operation on the date of publication thereof in the Provincial Gazette.
History of this By-law
11 January 2013 this versionPublished in Western Cape Provincial Gazette no. 7078By-law commences.