COVID-19 RegulationsSome municipal functions such as public transport, restaurant hours and liquor sales are impacted by recent national COVID-19 regulations.
Read the COVID-19 regulations.
This is the latest version of this By-law.
Building Control By-law, 2020
- Published in Western Cape Provincial Gazette no. 8220 on 13 March 2020
- Commenced on 13 March 2020
- [This is the version of this document from 13 March 2020 and includes any amendments published up to 23 September 2022.]
2. Purpose of by-law and application
4. Approval required in respect of buildings to be erectedA person who wishes to erect a building as contemplated in section 5, must submit the building plans or documents as required in terms of section 7 for consideration and approval by the municipality prior to commencement with the erection of such building.
5. Buildings that require approval of the municipalityWithout derogating from the provisions of section 4(1) of the Act, the NBR or any other law, the erection of buildings listed below require approval of the municipality and may include, but are not limited to-
6. Certificate of occupancySubject to the provisions of section 14(1A) of the Act, a certificate of occupancy as contemplated in section 14 of the Act shall not be issued by the municipality unless the owner, where applicable, has provided the municipality with the following information-
7. Application and requirements
8. Determination of tariffs and feesThe municipality may, in terms of its Tariff By-law, determine tariffs and fees for any service rendered in terms of this by-law or the Act, which must be reviewed annually during the budget process.
9. Compliance and enforcement
10. Offences and penalties
11. AppealA person whose rights are affected by a decision delegated by the municipality may appeal against that decision by giving written notice of the appeal and the reasons therefore in terms of section 62 of the Local Government: Municipal Systems Act, Act 32 of 2000 to the city manager within 21 days of the date of the notification of the decision.
12. Short title and commencementThis by-law shall be known as the Drakenstein Municipality Building Control By-law and shall come into operation of the date of promulgation thereof in the Provincial Gazette.
History of this By-law
13 March 2020 this versionPublished in Western Cape Provincial Gazette no. 8220By-law commences.