COVID-19 RegulationsSome municipal functions such as public transport, restaurant hours and liquor sales are impacted by recent national COVID-19 regulations.
Read the COVID-19 regulations.
This is the latest version of this By-law.
Liquor Trading Days and Hours By-law, 2013
- Published in Western Cape Provincial Gazette no. 7090 on 8 February 2013
- Commenced on 8 February 2013
- [Up to date as at 8 October 2021]
PreambleWHEREAS a municipality has competence in terms of Section 156(1 )(a) read with Part B of Schedule 5 to the Constitution of the Republic of South Africa, 1996, to control undertakings that sell liquor to the public;WHEREAS a municipality may, in terms of section 156(2) of the Constitution, make and administer by-laws for the effective administration of the matters which it has the right to administer;WHEREAS it is the intention of the municipality to only permit trade in liquor from correctly zoned premises in terms of the Zoning Scheme of the municipality;WHEREAS it is the intention of the municipality to set trading days and hours for all licensed undertakings situated within the Kannaland area that sell liquor to the public;AND NOW THEREFORE, BE IT ENACTED by the Council of the Kannaland Municipality, as follows: -
2. Trading days and hours for consumption of liquor on licensed premises
3. Trading days and hours for consumption of liquor off licensed premisesUndertakings licensed to sell liquor by the Licensing Tribunal in terms of the Act may sell liquor for consumption off the licensed premises of such undertakings situated within the area of jurisdiction of the Kannaland Municipality, on the following days and hours:(a)on any day of the week with the exception of Sundays, Christmas day and Good Friday; and(b)during the hours of trade as set out in the Schedule; or(c)any such day or hour as the Municipality may determine, subject to any other law.
4. Transitional services
5. Offences and penalties
6. Short titleThis By-law is called the Kannaland Municipality By-law on Liquor Trading Days and Hours and comes into operation on date of publication.
History of this By-law
8 February 2013 this versionPublished in Western Cape Provincial Gazette no. 7090By-law commences.