COVID-19 RegulationsSome municipal functions such as public transport, restaurant hours and liquor sales are impacted by recent national COVID-19 regulations.
Read the COVID-19 regulations.
RepealedThis By-law was repealed on 1 July 2019 by Property Rates.
This is the version of this By-law as it was when it was repealed.
Property Rates By-law, 2014
- Published in Western Cape Provincial Gazette no. 7282 on 27 June 2014
- Commenced on 1 July 2014
- [Up to date as at 29 July 2020]
- [Repealed by Property Rates on 1 July 2019]
2. Rates policy
3. Rates principles
4. Determination of rates
5. Categories of property
6. Categories of owners
7. Properties used for multiple purposes
8. Liability for rates
9. Differential rating
10. Zoning and usage for rates purposesThe rates tariffs on a property will be applicable for the zoning or usage of a property. Therefore, if a property is zoned as a business, the business tariff will apply.
14. Phasing-in of certain ratesUnless otherwise decided by the Council from time to time and subject to any other provisions hereof, the property owners who qualify for phasing-in discounts in terms of Section 21 of the Act shall be granted the minimum discounts provided for in Section 21 : Provided that such discounts shall not be allowed in addition to any rebates or reductions otherwise provided for in this policy in respect of the categories of properties concerned.
15. Process of granting exemptions, rebates and reductions
17. Rates increases
18. Short titleThese By-Laws are called the Kannaland Municipality Property Rates By-Laws.
- Entire By-law
- 1. Definitions
- 2. Rates policy
- 3. Rates principles
- 4. Determination of rates
- 5. Categories of property
- 6. Categories of owners
- 7. Properties used for multiple purposes
- 8. Liability for rates
- 9. Differential rating
- 10. Zoning and usage for rates purposes
- 11. Exemptions
- 12. Rebates
- 13. Reductions
- 14. Phasing-in of certain rates
- 15. Process of granting exemptions, rebates and reductions
- 17. Rates increases
- 18. Short title