COVID-19 RegulationsSome municipal functions such as public transport, restaurant hours and liquor sales are impacted by recent national COVID-19 regulations.
Read the COVID-19 regulations.
RepealedThis By-law was repealed on 7 July 2022 by Tariff.
This is the version of this By-law as it was when it was repealed.
Tariff By-law, 2021
- Published in Western Cape Provincial Gazette no. 8466 on 23 July 2021
- Commenced on 23 July 2021
- [This is the version of this document from 23 July 2021 and includes any amendments published up to 17 March 2023.]
- [Repealed by Tariff on 7 July 2022]
2. Interpretation"Constitution" means the Constitution of the Republic of South Africa."Credit Control and Debt Collection Policy" means the Municipality's Customer Care, Credit Control and Debt Collection Policy as stipulated by sections 96(b) and 97 of the Systems Act."Finance Management Act" means the Local Government: Municipal Finance Management Act, (Act 53 of 2003)."Municipality" means the Kannaland Municipality (WC041)."Systems Act" means the Local Government: Municipal Systems Act, (Act 32 of 2000)."Tariff" means fees, charges or any other tariffs levied by the Municipality in respect of any function or service provided by the Municipality, excluding rates levied by the Municipality in terms of the Local Government: Property Rates Act, (Act 6 of 2004)."Tariff List" means the list of the Tariffs applicable and in respect of any function or service provided by the Municipality. This list is approved by Council during the annual budget process."Tariff Policy" means the Tariff Policy adopted by the Municipality in terms of this By-Law.
3. ObjectiveThe objective of this By-Law is to give effect to the implementation of the Tariff Policy as contemplated in section 74(1) of the Systems Act.
4. Adoption and implementation of the Tariff Policy
5. Contents of the Tariff PolicyThe Municipality's Tariff Policy shall, inter alia:
6. Enforcement of the Tariff PolicyThe Tariff Policy shall be enforced through the Customer Care, Credit Control and Debt Collection Policy and any further enforcement mechanisms stipulated in the Municipality's Tariff Policy.
7. RepealThe provisions of any by-laws relating to Tariffs by the Municipality are hereby repealed insofar as they relate to matters provided for in this By-Law.
8. InterpretationThis By-Law must be read in conjunction with the Tariff Policy.
9. Operative dateThis By-Law is the Tariff By-Law of Kannaland Municipality and shall take effect on the date on which it is published in the Provincial Gazette.
History of this By-law
7 July 2022Repealed by Tariff
23 July 2021 this versionPublished in Western Cape Provincial Gazette no. 8466By-law commences.
Download for later
Download the current version of this By-law to read later on your desktop, e-reader or tablet.