This is the latest version of this Board Notice.
Disaster Management Act, 2002
Directions Regarding Livestock Auctions
Board Notice 85 of 2020
- Published in Government Gazette no. 43571 on 31 July 2020
- Commenced on 31 July 2020
- [This is the version of this document from 31 July 2020.]
1. DefinitionsIn these Directions any word or expression to which a meaning has been assigned in the Agricultural Produce Agents Act or the Regulations bears the meaning so assigned and, unless the context indicates otherwise—"Agricultural Produce Agents Act" means the Agricultural Produce Agents Act, 1992 (Act No. 12 of 1992);"Disaster Management Act" means the Disaster Management Act, 2002 (Act No. 57 of 2002);"Regulations" means the Regulations issued in terms of section 27 (2) of the Disaster Management Act and published on 29 April 2020 in Government Notice No. R.480 of Government Gazette No. 43258;"Stock Theft Act" means the Stock Theft Act, 1959 (Act No. 57 of 1959).
2. PurposeThe purpose of these Directions is to allow for auctions of livestock under specified control measures to—
3. ApplicationThese Directions are applicable to livestock auctions conducted within the borders of South Africa until further notice and must be complied with by all persons (natural and juristic) involved in the holding and or attendance of auctions.
5. InspectionsThe Department of Agriculture, Land Reform and Rural Development shall inspect and monitor the conduct of auctions held in terms of these Directions and inform all interested parties of any amendments of these Directions or the Regulations.
6. Commencement and durationThese Directions come into effect on the date of publication in the Government Gazette, and will apply for the period of disaster declaration.
History of this Board Notice
31 July 2020 this versionPublished in Government Gazette no. 43571Board Notice commences.