RepealedThis General Notice was repealed on 29 June 2020 by Directions on Risk-adjusted Strategy for Tourism Facilities, Services and Products.
This is the version of this General Notice as it was when it was repealed.
Disaster Management Act, 2002
Department of Tourism: Directions to prevent and combat the spread of COVID-19
General Notice 235 of 2020
- Published in Government Gazette no. 43200 on 2 April 2020
- Assented to on 31 March 2020
- Commenced on 2 April 2020
- [This is the version of this document from 2 April 2020.]
- [Repealed by Directions on Risk-adjusted Strategy for Tourism Facilities, Services and Products (General Notice of 2020) on 29 June 2020]
2. DirectionsAnnexure D to the Amendment Regulations under the heading "Places and premises closed to the public" provides that such places must remain closed to the general public except in the cases where they are required to provide services to tourists under quarantine due to the fact that they were already in establishments at the time of the lockdown and are to remain in the establishment for the duration of the lockdown. These include—(a)hotels, lodges and guest houses, which are required for the remaining tourists who are confined to hotels, lodges and guest houses;(b)private and public game reserves which are required for the remaining tourists confined to such private and public game reserves;(c)holiday resorts which are required for the remaining tourists who confined to such holiday resort.
3. Direction in relation to the establishments that are providing services to airline crew membersOnly approved hotels which provide services related to the lockdown, other than quarantine or isolation, within airport precincts of OR Tambo, King Shaka and Cape Town International Airports, will be allowed to host airline crew for cargo flights bringing essential supplies or flights that are authorised for the evacuation of international tourists which evacuation is organised through the missions or embassies of the international tourists.
4. CommencementThese Directions come into operation on the date of publication in the Government Gazette.
History of this General Notice
29 June 2020
2 April 2020 this versionPublished in Government Gazette no. 43200General Notice commences.
31 March 2020Assented to by council.
Download for later
Download the current version of this By-law to read later on your desktop, e-reader or tablet.