This is the version of this General Notice as it was from 6 August 2020 to 24 August 2020. Read the version currently in force.
Disaster Management Act, 2002
Directions on Risk Adjusted Strategy for Tourism Facilities, Services and Products
General Notice 356 of 2020
- Published in Government Gazette no. 43487 on 29 June 2020
- Assented to on 28 June 2020
- Commenced on 29 June 2020
- [This is the version of this document as it was from 6 August 2020 to 24 August 2020.]
1. DefinitionsIn this Schedule unless the context indicates otherwise-"Minister" means the Cabinet member responsible for tourism;“Nuclear family” includes other family members or caregivers living in the same household.[definition of "nuclear family" inserted by section 1 of General Notice 414 of 2020]"Regulations" means the regulations made in terms of section 27(2) of the Disaster Management Act, 2002 (Act No. 57 of 2002) and published in Government Gazette No. 43258, Government Notice No. R.480 of 29 April 2020 as amended from time to time.
2. Objectives of the DirectionsThe objectives of these Directions is to establish an environment that combats and mitigates the spread of COVID-19, for the benefit of employers, employees, guests, visitors, passengers and customers in the following tourism sectors:
4. Directions on health and safety measures in workplacesThese Directions must be read with the Regulations and Directions issued from time to time in respect of hygienic workplace conditions and the potential exposure of employees to COVID-19, including the COVID-19 Occupational Health and Safety Measures in Workplaces Directions issued by the Minister of Employment and Labour and published in Government Notice No. 479 of 29 April 2020 as amended.
5. Directions for restaurants, fast food outlets and coffee shopsRestaurants, fast food outlets and coffee shops must comply with the following Directions:
6. Directions for hotels, lodges, bed and breakfast, time shares facilities and resorts and guest housesHotels, lodges, bed and breakfast, time-share facilities and resorts and guest houses must comply with the following Directions:
7. Directions for conference and meeting venuesConference and meeting venues must comply with the following directions:
8. Directions for casinosCasinos must comply with the following directions:
9. Directions for private self drive excursions
10. Directions for guided tour operations
10. CommencementThese Directions come into operation on the date of publication in the Government Gazette.
History of this General Notice
23 September 2020Amended by Directions on Risk-adjusted Strategy for Tourism Facilities, Services and Products: AmendmentRead this version
25 August 2020Amended by Directions on Risk-adjusted Strategy for Tourism Facilities, Services and Products: AmendmentRead this version
6 August 2020 this version
29 June 2020Published in Government Gazette no. 43487General Notice commences.Read this version
28 June 2020Assented to by council.
Download for later
Download the current version of this By-law to read later on your desktop, e-reader or tablet.