This is the latest version of this General Notice.
Disaster Management Act, 2002
Directions Relating to Spatial Planning, Land Use Management and Land Development Processes
General Notice 431 of 2020
- Published in Government Gazette no. 43598 on 7 August 2020
- Commenced on 7 August 2020
- [This is the version of this document from 7 August 2020.]
1. DefinitionsIn these Directions, any word or expression to which a meaning has been assigned in the Act or the Regulations bears the meaning so assigned and, unless the context otherwise indicates—"COVID-19" means the Novel Coronavirus (2019- nCov2) which is an infectious disease caused by a virus that has previously not been scientifically identified in humans, which emerged during 2019 and was declared a global pandemic by the World Health Organisation in 2020;"Disaster Management Act" means the Disaster Management Act, 2002 (Act No 57 of 2002);"national state of disaster" means the national state of disaster relating to the COVID-19 outbreak declared in Government Notice No 313 of Government Gazette No. 43096 of 15 March 2020;"Regulations" means the Regulations issued in terms of section 27(2) of the Disaster Management Act and published on 29 April 2020 in Government Notice No. R.480 of Government Gazette No. 43258;"SPLUM Regulations" means the Spatial Planning and Land Use Management Regulations issued in terms of section 54 of the Act, and published on 23 March 2015 in Government Notice No R.239 of Government Gazette No. 38594;"the Act" means the Spatial Planning and Land Use Management Act, 2013 (Act No. 16 of 2013).
4. Extension of timeframesThe following timeframes, which have lapsed during the period of lockdown are hereby extended, or will be deemed to be extended, with effect from 27 March 2020;
5. Validity period
6. Consideration of land development applications and appeals
7. CommencementThese Directions come into effect on the date of publication in the Government Gazette.
History of this General Notice
7 August 2020 this versionPublished in Government Gazette no. 43598General Notice commences.
Download for later
Download the current version of this By-law to read later on your desktop, e-reader or tablet.