RepealedThis Government Notice was repealed on 29 January 2021 by Directions on Measures to Prevent and Combat the Spread of COVID-19 in Cross-Border Road Transport Services.
This is the version of this Government Notice as it was when it was repealed.
Disaster Management Act, 2002
Measures to, Prevent and Combat the Spread of COVID-19 in Cross-Border Road Transport, 2020
Government Notice 1034 of 2020
- Published in Government Gazette no. 43754 on 1 October 2020
- Assented to on 30 September 2020
- Commenced on 1 October 2020
- [Up to date as at 1 October 2020]
1. DefinitionsIn these directions, any other word or expression bears the meaning assigned to it in the Disaster Management Act, the Act or in the Regulations, and, unless the context otherwise indicates—"Disaster Management Act" means the Disaster Management Act, 2002 (Act No. 57 of 2002);"passenger" means any person conveyed by way of a public transport service as defined in the National Land Transport Act, 2009 (Act No. 5 of 2009);"the Act" means the Cross-Border Road Transport Act, 1998 (Act No. 4 of 1998.); and"the Regulations" means the Regulations made under section 27(2) of the Disaster Management Act, published under Government Notice No. 480, in Government Gazette No. 43258 of 29 April 2020, as amended.
3. Purpose of DirectionsThe purpose of the directions is to provide for—(a)cross-border road transport services;(b)the provision of improved access to hygiene and disinfection control at all cross-border road transport facilities; and(c)the embarkation of cross-border road transport passengers vehicles.
4. Application of DirectionsThese directions are applicable to all cross-border road transport services within the Republic and must be read with the Directions made by the Minister of Health dealing with measures to address, prevent and combat the spread of COVID-19.
5. Cross-border road transport services
6. Provision of improved access to hygiene and disinfection control at cross-border public transport facilities
7. Embarkation of cross-border road transport vehicles
8. Short title and commencementThese Directions are called the Measures to, prevent and combat the spread of COVID-19 in cross-border road transport, 2020, and come into operation on the date of publication by the Minister in the Gazette.
- Entire Government Notice
- 1. Definitions
- 2. Authority
- 3. Purpose of Directions
- 4. Application of Directions
- 5. Cross-border road transport services
- 6. Provision of improved access to hygiene and disinfection control at cross-border public transport facilities
- 7. Embarkation of cross-border road transport vehicles
- 8. Short title and commencement
History of this Government Notice
29 January 2021
1 October 2020 this versionPublished in Government Gazette no. 43754Government Notice commences.
30 September 2020Assented to by council.
Download for later
Download the current version of this By-law to read later on your desktop, e-reader or tablet.