This is the latest version of this Government Notice.
Disaster Management Act, 2002
Directions Relating to Norms and Standards for Religious Gatherings
Government Notice 1052 of 2020
- Published in Government Gazette no. 43762 on 1 October 2020
- Assented to on 1 October 2020
- Commenced on 1 October 2020
- [Up to date as at 3 October 2020]
- [Amended by Directions Relating to Norms and Standards for Religious Gatherings: Amendment (Government Notice 1056 of 2020) on 3 October 2020]
1. DefinitionsIn these Directions a word or expression bears the meaning assigned to it in the Regulations and unless the context otherwise indicates—"place of worship" means any place or premises used for religious purposes; including churches, synagogues, mosques, temples, faith based institutions and other recognized places of worship;"Regulations" means the Regulations made in terms of the Disaster Management Act, 2002 (Act No. 57 of 2002) and published by Government Notice No. R. 480 of 29 April 2020, as amended;"religious gathering" means a gathering at a place of worship for religious purposes; and"religious leader" means a person recognized by a religious body as having some authority in that body.
3. Limitations at places of worship
4. Health and safety measures at places of worship
5. Social distancing
6. Personal protection
7. Health protocols for places of worship
8. Withdrawal of Directions issued in terms of regulation 37(1)(a) of the RegulationsThe Directions issued in terms of regulation 37(1)(a) of the Regulations, as published in Government Gazette No. 43365, Government Notice No. 609 of 28 May 2020, are hereby withdrawn.[paragraph 8 inserted by section 2 of Government Notice 1056 of 2020]
9. CommencementThe Directions issued in terms of Regulation 69(1) in the Government Gazette No. 43172, Government Notice No. 1052 came into operation on the date of publication.[paragraph 9 inserted by section 2 of Government Notice 1056 of 2020]
History of this Government Notice
Download for later
Download the current version of this By-law to read later on your desktop, e-reader or tablet.