This is the version of this Government Notice as it was from 1 October 2020 to 2 October 2020. Read the version currently in force.
Disaster Management Act, 2002
Directions Relating to Norms and Standards for Religious Gatherings
Government Notice 1052 of 2020
- Published in Government Gazette no. 43762 on 1 October 2020
- Assented to on 1 October 2020
- Commenced on 1 October 2020
- [This is the version of this document as it was from 1 October 2020 to 2 October 2020.]
1. DefinitionsIn these Directions a word or expression bears the meaning assigned to it in the Regulations and unless the context otherwise indicates—"place of worship" means any place or premises used for religious purposes; including churches, synagogues, mosques, temples, faith based institutions and other recognized places of worship;"Regulations" means the Regulations made in terms of the Disaster Management Act, 2002 (Act No. 57 of 2002) and published by Government Notice No. R. 480 of 29 April 2020, as amended;"religious gathering" means a gathering at a place of worship for religious purposes; and"religious leader" means a person recognized by a religious body as having some authority in that body.
3. Limitations at places of worship
4. Health and safety measures at places of worship
5. Social distancing
6. Personal protection
7. Health protocols for places of worship
History of this Government Notice
Download for later
Download the current version of this By-law to read later on your desktop, e-reader or tablet.