This is the latest version of this Government Notice.
Disaster Management Act, 2002
Directions for a National Framework for Tuition and Accomodation Fees in Public Higher Education Institutions for the Academic Year 2020
Government Notice 1057 of 2020
- Published in Government Gazette no. 43772 on 5 October 2020
- Assented to on 1 October 2020
- Commenced on 5 October 2020
- [This is the version of this document from 5 October 2020.]
1. DefinitionsIn these Directions, unless the context indicates otherwise -"Academic year" means the academic year of 2020 subject to all changes or such extensions as may be effected."Alert level 3" means the alert level as declared in terms of the Regulations issued by the Cabinet Member responsible for the Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs in the Regulations."Public higher education institution" means the public higher education institutions established or declared in terms of the Higher Education Act, 1997 (Act No 101 of 1997);"Private student accommodation" means the accommodation services provided by any student accommodation provider in terms of a lease agreement or any other rental agreement for the academic year;"student" means student registered at a public higher education institution;"tuition fees" means the tuition fees payable by a student or payable through financial assistance offered to a student to pay a public higher education institution for studies undertaken under the academic year;"University leased accommodation" means accommodation provided by a public higher education institution to its registered students in terms of an accommodation or rental agreement with a private student accommodation provider for the academic year;"University owned accommodation" means accommodation that is owned and managed by a public higher education institution and provided to registered students of that institution;"Individually-leased student accommodation" means accommodation provided to a registered student at a public higher education institution for the academic year on the basis of an individual lease agreement between the provider and the student.
4. ApplicationThese Directions apply to:
NSFAS allowances for accommodation:
History of this Government Notice
5 October 2020 this versionPublished in Government Gazette no. 43772Government Notice commences.
1 October 2020Assented to by council.
Download for later
Download the current version of this By-law to read later on your desktop, e-reader or tablet.