This is the latest version of this Government Notice.
Local Government: Municipal Finance Management Act
Exemption from Act and regulations
Government Notice 429 of 2020
- Published in Government Gazette no. 43181 on 30 March 2020
- Commenced on 30 March 2020
- [Up to date as at 30 March 2020]
1. DefinitionsIn this Schedule-"national state of disaster" means the national state of disaster declared under Government Notice No 313 of 15 March 2020 in terms of section 27(1) of the Disaster Management Act, 2002 (Act No. 57 of 2002); and"the Act" means the Local Government: Municipal Finance Management Act, 2003 (Act No. 56 of 2003), or any regulation made thereunder.
2. ExemptionSubject to the condition in paragraph 3, municipalities and municipal entities are exempted from a provision of the Act which requires any action to be taken between the date of publication of this notice and the date that the national state of disaster lapses or is terminated in terms of section 27(5) of the Disaster Management Act, 2002.
History of this Government Notice
30 March 2020 this versionPublished in Government Gazette no. 43181Government Notice commences.