This is the latest version of this Government Notice.
Disaster Management Act, 2002
Water and Sanitation Emergency Procurement COVID-19 Disaster Response Directions, 2020
Government Notice 464 of 2020
- Published in Government Gazette no. 43231 on 15 April 2020
- Assented to on 15 April 2020
- Commenced on 15 April 2020
- [This is the version of this document from 15 April 2020.]
1. DefinitionsIn these directions, a word or expression bears the meaning assigned to it in the Regulations published on 18 March 2020 by the Minister of Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs, as amended, issued in terms of section 27(2) of the Disaster Management Act, 2002, as well as the legislation applicable to the Department of Water and Sanitation, unless the context indicate otherwise—"Department" means the Department of Water and Sanitation;"Disaster Management Plan" means the plan that details the deliverables to be provided by specified entities in order to achieve the purpose of combating and preventing the spread of COVID-19;"essential services official" means an official required by the National Disaster Water Command Centre to perform the tasks set out in these directions, and includes officials from the water boards, irrigation boards, water user associations, catchment management agencies, as well as the water services association;"Implementation Protocol" refers to the Implementation Protocol to be developed by Rand Water;"Minister" means the Minister of Human Settlements, Water and Sanitation;"National Disaster Water Command Centre" means a central operations centre established by the Minister under these directions to combat the spread of COVID-19;"water tanks" means above ground water storage tanks;"water tankers" means a vehicle or trailer used for transporting water from one place to another.
2. Application of directionsThese directions apply to—
3. ScopeThese directions are enacted in support of the following sectors:
4. Purpose of directionsThe purpose of these directions is to—
5. National Disaster Water Command Centre
6. Interventions in implementation of directions
7. Nature of goods and services
8. Emergency procurement
9. Implementation Protocol
10. Distribution of water and sanitation resources
11. Short title and commencementThese directions are called the Water and Sanitation Emergency Procurement COVID-19 Disaster Response Directions, 2020, and take effect on the date of publication in the Government Gazette.
History of this Government Notice
15 April 2020 this versionAssented to by council.Published in Government Gazette no. 43231Government Notice commences.
Download for later
Download the current version of this By-law to read later on your desktop, e-reader or tablet.