This is the latest version of this Government Notice.
Disaster Management Act, 2002
Directions relating to the movement of persons
Government Notice 482 of 2020
- Published in Government Gazette no. 43261 on 30 April 2020
- Assented to on 30 April 2020
- Commenced on 1 May 2020
- [Up to date as at 30 April 2020]
1. DefinitionsIn these directions, unless the context otherwise indicates—(a)a word or expression bears the meaning assigned to it in the Regulations; and(b)"Regulations" means the Regulations issued in terms of the Disaster Management Act, 2002 (Act No. 57 of 2002) and published in Regulation Gazette No. 43258 of 29 April 2020.
2. PurposeThe purpose of these directions is to regulate the once-off movement of persons who were not at their place of residence or work before the lockdown period and who could not travel between provinces, metropolitan and district areas during the lockdown, and are permitted in terms of regulation 16(5), on a once-off basis, to return to their places of residence or work.
3. The once-off movement of persons(a)Regulation 16(5) provides for:"Any person who was not at their place of residence, or work before the lockdown period and who could not travel between provinces, metropolitan and district areas during the lockdown, will be permitted, on a once-off basis, to return to their places of residence or work and will be required to stay in such place until the end to the Alert Level 4".(b)Persons who wish to make use of the provision in terms of regulation 16(5) are permitted to do so once-off during the period 1 May 2020 to 7 May 2020.(c)It is not required of such persons to produce a permit in order to cross provincial, metropolitan or district boundaries during such once-off trip.
4. Short title and commencementThese Directions are called the Directions on the once-off movement of persons and shall commence on 1 May 2020.
History of this Government Notice
1 May 2020Government Notice commences.
30 April 2020 this versionAssented to by council.Published in Government Gazette no. 43261
Download for later
Download the current version of this By-law to read later on your desktop, e-reader or tablet.