This is the latest version of this Government Notice.
Disaster Management Act, 2002
Measures to Address, Prevent and Combat the Spread of COVID-19: Air Freight Operations Directions, 2020
Government Notice 492 of 2020
- Published in Government Gazette no. 43271 on 4 May 2020
- Assented to on 4 May 2020
- Commenced on 4 May 2020
- [Up to date as at 4 May 2020]
1. DefinitionsIn these directions, any other word or expression to which a meaning has been assigned in the Act shall have that meaning assigned to it in the Act, and unless the context requires otherwise -"COVID -19" means the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCov2) which is an infectious disease caused by a virus that has previously not been scientifically identified in humans, which emerged during 2019 and was declared a global pandemic by the World Health Organisation in 2020;"Disaster Management Act" means Disaster Management Act, 2002 (Act No 57 of 2002);"the Act" means the International Air Services Act, 1993 (Act No. 60 of 1993);
3. Purpose of directionsThe purpose of the directions is to provide for the:(a)Charter Flights;(b)Compliance with Disinfection measures;(c)Engineers and Ground Staff, Inspections and Servicing of Aircraft at Hangars;(d)Aviation Training; and(e)Exemptions and Approvals.
4. Application of the directionsThese Directions are applicable to all Air Services Operators and Air Services Facilities.
5. Charter flightsTransportation by charter domestic flight of mining products as set out in Annexure C of the Regulation and staff performing mining essential services are permitted.
6. Compliance with disinfection measures
7. Engineers and ground staff, inspections and servicing of aircraft at hangars
8. Aviation trainingAviation Training Schools are allowed to conduct aviation training to students using virtual platforms.
9. Exemptions and approvalsAll Exemptions or Approvals related to the Covid-19 Minister's Regulations and associated Directions must be submitted to the Department of Transport.
10. Short title and commencementThese Directions are called the Measures to Address, Prevent and Combat the Spread of COVID19: Air Freight Operations Directions, 2020 and comes in to operation on the date of publication by the Minister in the Gazette.
- Entire Government Notice
- 1. Definitions
- 2. Authority
- 3. Purpose of directions
- 4. Application of the directions
- 5. Charter flights
- 6. Compliance with disinfection measures
- 7. Engineers and ground staff, inspections and servicing of aircraft at hangars
- 8. Aviation training
- 9. Exemptions and approvals
- 10. Short title and commencement
History of this Government Notice
4 May 2020 this versionAssented to by council.Published in Government Gazette no. 43271Government Notice commences.
Download for later
Download the current version of this By-law to read later on your desktop, e-reader or tablet.
- Measures to Address, Prevent and Combat the Spread of COVID-19: Air Freight Operations Directions, 2020 ePUB
- Measures to Address, Prevent and Combat the Spread of COVID-19: Air Freight Operations Directions, 2020 HTML
- Measures to Address, Prevent and Combat the Spread of COVID-19: Air Freight Operations Directions, 2020 PDF