RepealedThis Government Notice was repealed on 14 May 2020 by Directions on the Once-off Movement of Persons and the Transportation of Goods for Purposes of Relocation.
This is the version of this Government Notice as it was when it was repealed.
Disaster Management Act, 2002
Directions on the Once-off Movement of Persons and the Transportation of Goods for Purposes of Relocation
Government Notice 513 of 2020
- Published in Government Gazette no. 43293 on 7 May 2020
- Assented to on 6 May 2020
- Commenced on 7 May 2020
- [Up to date as at 7 May 2020]
1. DefinitionsIn these Directions a word or expression bears the meaning assigned to it in the Regulations and unless the context otherwise indicates—"Regulations" means the Regulations made in terms of the Disaster Management Act, 2002 (Act No. 57 of 2002) and published in Government Gazette No. 43258, Government Notice No. R. 480 of 29 April 2020.
2. PurposeThe purpose of these Directions is to facilitate the movement of persons and goods within and across provincial, metropolitan or district boundaries during the period of Alert level 4.(a)The movement of persons and goods, where—(i)new lease agreements were entered into before or during the lockdown period; or(ii)the transfer of immovable property occurred before the lockdown period,requires a change in place of residence, including the transport of goods to a new place of residence, within the Republic.(b)The circumstances in subparagraph (a) require the once-off movement of persons who are relocating to their new place of residence, as permitted in terms of regulation 16(5); and(c)The transport of goods within the Republic is permitted in terms of regulation 22(1)(f).
3. The once-off movement of persons and transportation of goods(a)A person who needs to travel to his or her new place of residence and to transport goods, which are limited to household furniture and effects, as required by the circumstances in paragraph 2 of these Directions, is permitted to do so between the period 7 May 2020 to 7 June 2020.(b)A person referred to in subparagraph (a) must-(i)obtain a permit to travel across provincial, metropolitan or district boundaries from the station commander of a police station or a person designated by him or her. The permit must correspond to Form 1 to these Directions;(ii)indicate the persons who are part of the household who will be required to move; and(iii)have in his or her possession the relevant lease agreement indicating the date of expiry of the old lease and the date of commencement of the new lease, or the transfer documents attesting to the change in place of residence or change of ownership of property.
4. Public and private transportA person referred to in paragraph 3 who makes use of public or private transport must adhere to the relevant Directions issued by the Minister of Transport.
5. Short title and commencementThese Directions are called the Directions on the once-off movement of persons and the transportation of goods for purposes of relocation and commence on 7 May 2020.
History of this Government Notice
14 May 2020
7 May 2020 this versionPublished in Government Gazette no. 43293Government Notice commences.
6 May 2020Assented to by council.
Download for later
Download the current version of this By-law to read later on your desktop, e-reader or tablet.
- Directions on the Once-off Movement of Persons and the Transportation of Goods for Purposes of Relocation ePUB
- Directions on the Once-off Movement of Persons and the Transportation of Goods for Purposes of Relocation HTML
- Directions on the Once-off Movement of Persons and the Transportation of Goods for Purposes of Relocation PDF