RepealedThis Government Notice was repealed on 14 May 2020 by Directions on the Once-off Movement of Persons and the Transportation of Goods for Purposes of Relocation.
This is the version of this Government Notice as it was when it was repealed.
Disaster Management Act, 2002
Directions on the Once-off Movement of Persons and the Transportation of Goods for Purposes of Relocation
Government Notice 513 of 2020
- Published in Government Gazette no. 43293 on 7 May 2020
- Assented to on 6 May 2020
- Commenced on 7 May 2020
- [This is the version of this document from 7 May 2020.]
1. DefinitionsIn these Directions a word or expression bears the meaning assigned to it in the Regulations and unless the context otherwise indicates—"Regulations" means the Regulations made in terms of the Disaster Management Act, 2002 (Act No. 57 of 2002) and published in Government Gazette No. 43258, Government Notice No. R. 480 of 29 April 2020.
2. PurposeThe purpose of these Directions is to facilitate the movement of persons and goods within and across provincial, metropolitan or district boundaries during the period of Alert level 4.
3. The once-off movement of persons and transportation of goods
4. Public and private transportA person referred to in paragraph 3 who makes use of public or private transport must adhere to the relevant Directions issued by the Minister of Transport.
5. Short title and commencementThese Directions are called the Directions on the once-off movement of persons and the transportation of goods for purposes of relocation and commence on 7 May 2020.
History of this Government Notice
14 May 2020
7 May 2020 this versionPublished in Government Gazette no. 43293Government Notice commences.
6 May 2020Assented to by council.
Download for later
Download the current version of this By-law to read later on your desktop, e-reader or tablet.