This is the latest version of this Government Notice.
Disaster Management Act, 2002
Directions on the Once-off Movement of Persons and the Transportation of Goods for Purposes of Relocation
Government Notice 534 of 2020
- Published in Government Gazette no. 43320 on 14 May 2020
- Assented to on 13 May 2020
- Commenced on 14 May 2020
- [Up to date as at 14 May 2020]
1. DefinitionsIn these Directions a word or expression bears the meaning assigned to it in the Regulations and unless the context otherwise indicates—"Regulations" means the Regulations made in terms of the Disaster Management Act, 2002 (Act No. 57 of 2002) and published in Government Gazette No. 43258, Government Notice No. R. 480 of 29 April 2020.
3. The once-off movement of persons and transportation of goods(a)A person who needs to travel to his or her new place of residence or business and to transport goods which are limited to household or office furniture and effects, as required by the circumstances in paragraph 2 of these Directions, is permitted to do so during Alert level 4.(b)A person referred to in subparagraph (a) must—(i)obtain a permit to travel across provincial, metropolitan or district boundaries from the head of court or a person designated by him or her, or the station commander of a police station or a person designated by him or her. The permit must correspond with Form 1 to these Directions;(ii)indicate the persons who are part of the household who will be required to move; and(iii)have in his or her possession the relevant lease agreements indicating the date of expiry of the old lease or the date of commencement of the new lease, or the proof of purchase of residence and occupation date, or the transfer documents attesting to the change of ownership of property, or a domestic violence order, or proof of change or new occupation of business premises.
4. Public and private transportA person referred to in paragraph 3 who makes use of public or private transport must adhere to the relevant Directions issued by the Minister of Transport.
5. Repeal and transitional provisions
6. Short titleThese Directions are called the Directions on the once-off movement of persons and the transportation of goods for purposes of relocation.
History of this Government Notice
14 May 2020 this versionPublished in Government Gazette no. 43320Government Notice commences.
13 May 2020Assented to by council.
Download for later
Download the current version of this By-law to read later on your desktop, e-reader or tablet.
- Directions on the Once-off Movement of Persons and the Transportation of Goods for Purposes of Relocation ePUB
- Directions on the Once-off Movement of Persons and the Transportation of Goods for Purposes of Relocation HTML
- Directions on the Once-off Movement of Persons and the Transportation of Goods for Purposes of Relocation PDF