RepealedThis Government Notice was repealed on 1 October 2020 by Directions Relating to Norms and Standards for Religious Gatherings.
This is the version of this Government Notice as it was when it was repealed.
Disaster Management Act, 2002
Directions Relating to Norms and Standards for Religious Gatherings
Government Notice 609 of 2020
- Published in Government Gazette no. 43365 on 28 May 2020
- Assented to on 28 May 2020
- Commenced on 1 June 2020
- [Up to date as at 28 May 2020]
- [Repealed by Directions Relating to Norms and Standards for Religious Gatherings (Government Notice 1052 of 2020) on 1 October 2020]
1. DefinitionsIn these Directions a word or expression bears the meaning assigned to it in the Regulations and unless the context otherwise indicates—"places of worship" means any place or premises usually used for religious purposes; including churches, synagogues, mosques, temples and other recognized places of worship;"Regulations" means the Regulations made in terms of the Disaster Management Act, 2002 (Act No. 57 of 2002) and published by Government Notice No. R. 480 of 29 April 2020, as amended;"religious gathering" means a gathering at a place of worship for religious purposes; and"religious leader" means a person recognized by a religious body as having some authority in that body;
3. Phased re-opening of places of worship
4. Health and safety measures at places of worship
5. Social distancing
6. Personal protection
7. Sanitisers, disinfectants and other measures
8. Health protocols for places of worship
9. CommencementThese Directions come into operation on 1 June 2020.
- Entire Government Notice
- 1. Definitions
- 2. Purpose
- 3. Phased re-opening of places of worship
- 4. Health and safety measures at places of worship
- 5. Social distancing
- 6. Personal protection
- 7. Sanitisers, disinfectants and other measures
- 8. Health protocols for places of worship
- 9. Commencement
History of this Government Notice
1 October 2020
1 June 2020Government Notice commences.
28 May 2020 this versionAssented to by council.Published in Government Gazette no. 43365
Download for later
Download the current version of this By-law to read later on your desktop, e-reader or tablet.