RepealedThis Government Notice was repealed on 22 March 2022 by Withdrawal of various directions regarding measures to address, prevent and combat the spread of Covid-19.
This is the version of this Government Notice as it was when it was repealed.
Disaster Management Act, 2002
Directions Regarding Measures to Address, Prevent and Combat the Spread of COVID-19 Relating to the Forestry Sector (Alert Level 3)
Government Notice 649 of 2020
- Published in Government Gazette no. 43411 on 5 June 2020
- Commenced on 5 June 2020
- [This is the version of this document from 5 June 2020.]
1. DefinitionsIn these Directions, anyword or expression to which a meaning has been assigned in the Regulations and the National Forests Act bears the meaning so assigned and, unless the context otherwise indicates—"National Forests Act" means the National Forests Act, 1998 (Act No. 84 of 1998);"Regulations" means the Regulations issued in terms ofsection 27(2) of the Disaster Management Act, 2002 (Act No. 57 of 2002) and published on 29 April 2020 in Government Notice No. R.480 of Government Gazette No. 43258.
2. PurposeThe purpose of these Directions is to curtail the threat posed by the COVID-19 pandemic and to alleviate, contain and minimise the effects of the national state of disaster, and to ensure fair processes, especially with regard to specified licencing, evaluation of licence applications, Inspections and issuing of licenses in terms of the National Forests Act.
3. ApplicationThese Directions apply to—
4. ActivitiesIssuing authorities will receive and process applications in the manner indicated in Annexure 1 to these Directions.
5. CommencementThese Directions come into effect on the date of publication in the Government Gazette.
History of this Government Notice
22 March 2022
5 June 2020 this versionPublished in Government Gazette no. 43411Government Notice commences.
Download for later
Download the current version of this By-law to read later on your desktop, e-reader or tablet.