This is the latest version of this Government Notice.
Competition Act, 1998
Competition Act: Regulations related to COVID-19
Government Notice R350 of 2020
- Published in Government Gazette no. 43116 on 19 March 2020
- Commenced on 19 March 2020
- [Up to date as at 19 March 2020]
1. InterpretationIn these regulations, unless the context indicates otherwise, any word or expression has the meaning assigned to it by the Competition Act, 1998 (Act No. 89 of 1998), Consumer Protection Act, 2008 (Act No. 68 of 2000), the Disaster Management Act, 1957 (Act 57 of 2002), or the regulations issued in terms of section 27 (2) of the Disaster Management Act, 1957 (Act No. 57 of 2002) and published in Government Notice No. 318 of Government Gazette No. 43107 on 18 March 2020 and—
3. PurposeThe purpose of these regulations is to—
4. Excessive pricing
5. Unconscionable, unfair, unreasonable and unjust prices
6. Supply of goods
8. Representations on these regulations
History of this Government Notice
19 March 2020 this versionPublished in Government Gazette no. 43116Government Notice commences.
Download for later
Download the current version of this By-law to read later on your desktop, e-reader or tablet.