RepealedThis Government Notice was repealed on 5 June 2020 by Directions Regarding Measures to Address, Pevent and Combat the Spread of COVID-19 Relating to National Environmental Management Permits and Licences (Alert Level 3).
This is the version of this Government Notice as it was when it was repealed.
Disaster Management Act, 2002
Ministry of Environment, Forestry and Fisheries: Directions to address, prevent and combat the spread of COVID-19
Government Notice R439 of 2020
- Published in Government Gazette no. 43190 on 31 March 2020
- Commenced on 31 March 2020
- [This is the version of this document from 31 March 2020.]
1. DefinitionsIn this Schedule, any word or expression to which a meaning has been assigned in the Regulations issued in terms of section 27(2) of the Disaster Management Act, 2002 (Act No. 57 of 2002), published under Government Notice No. 318 in GovernmentGazette No. 43107 of 18 March 2020, as amended, the National Environmental Management Act, 1998 (Act No. 107 of 1998), the National Environmental Management: Waste Act, 2008 (Act No. 59 of 2008), the National Environmental Management: Air Quality Act, 2004 (Act No. 39 of 2004) and the Environmental Impact Assessment Regulations, 2014, as amended, shall have the meaning so assigned to it, unless the context otherwise indicates.
3. PurposeThe purpose of these directions are to curtail the threat posed by the COVID-19 pandemic and to alleviate, contain and minimise the effects of the national state of disaster, and to ensure fair processes, especially relating to licensing processes, public participation processes, appeals processes, reporting requirements and the provision of waste management services during the lockdown period, which are not posibble due to the restrictions placed on the movement of people.
5. DirectionsThe following directions will apply:
History of this Government Notice
5 June 2020
31 March 2020 this versionPublished in Government Gazette no. 43190Government Notice commences.
Download for later
Download the current version of this By-law to read later on your desktop, e-reader or tablet.