RepealedThis Government Notice was repealed on 11 June 2020 by Amendment of Regulations and Withdrawal of Directions Relating to the COVID-19 National State of Disaster.
This is the version of this Government Notice as it was when it was repealed.
Disaster Management Act, 2002
Directions regarding call centres providing essential services
Government Notice R459 of 2020
- Published in Government Gazette no. 43224 on 9 April 2020
- Commenced on 9 April 2020
- [This is the version of this document from 9 April 2020.]
1. InterpretationIn this direction, unless the context indicates otherwise, any word or expression has the meaning assigned to it in the Disaster Management Act, 2002 (Act No. 57 of 2002) or the Regulations issued in terms of section 27(2) of the Disaster Management Act, 2002 and published on 18 March 2020 in Notice No. 318 of Government Gazette No. 43107 and amended on 25 March 2020 in Notice No. R.398 of Government Gazette No. 43148 and on 26 March 2020 in Notice No. R.419 of Government Gazette No. 43168 and —
2. Purpose of these DirectionsThe purpose of these Directions is to clarify the extent, and the conditions upon which, call centres may operate during the lockdown.
4. Call Centres providing essential services to international marketsThe call centres referred to in item B.30 of Annexure B of the Regulations include call centres that provide health, safety, social support, government and financial services to international markets.
5. Conditions applicable to call centres
6. CommencementThese Directions come into effect on the date that they are published in the Government Gazette.
History of this Government Notice
11 June 2020
9 April 2020 this versionPublished in Government Gazette no. 43224Government Notice commences.
Download for later
Download the current version of this By-law to read later on your desktop, e-reader or tablet.