This is the latest version of this Government Notice.
Labour Relations Act, 1995
National Bargaining Council for the Electrical Industry of South Africa: extension to non-parties of the COVID-19 lockdown collective agreement
Government Notice R485 of 2020
- Published in Government Gazette no. 43264 on 4 May 2020
- Assented to on 30 April 2020
- Commenced on 4 May 2020
- [This is the version of this document from 4 May 2020.]
National Bargaining Council for the Electrical Industry of South Africa (Bargaining Council)
COVID-19 lockdown collective agreementIn accordance with the provisions of the Labour Relations Act, 1995 and Notice 240 of 2020, amended COVID -19 Temporary Employee / Employer Relief Scheme and the directive by the Minister of Employment and Labour in terms of Regulation 10 (8) of the Regulations issued by the Minister of Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs in terms of Section 27 (2) of the Disaster Management Act, 2002 (Act No. 57. of 2002)made and entered into by and between theElectrical Contractors' Association (South Africa)(hereinafter referred to as the "employers" or the "employers' organisation"), of the one part, and theSouth African Equity Workers' Association,(hereinafter referred to as the "employees" or the "trade union"), of the other part, being the parties to the National Bargaining Council for the Electrical Industry of South Africa.
1. Scope of application
2. Period of operationThis Agreement shall bind the parties and their members. It shall become effective as from the date of publication by the Minister of Employment and Labour. It shall remain effective and in force until the end of the national lockdown period.
3. Terms amd conditionsA separate Covid-19 Collective Agreement is hereby agreed to and the provisions of the Labour Relations Act, 1995 (Act 66 of 1995) (as amended) (hereinafter referred to as the Act), where applicable, shall apply to this Agreement.The purpose of this Agreement is to provide for the disbursement of Covid-19 benefits received from the Unemployment Insurance Fund (UlF) to employees who are employed by employers registered with the Bargaining Council during the period of lockdown, and who suffer a loss of income as a result of the National Lockdown.
4. Access to Unemployment Insurance Fund (UIF) COVID-19 benefits
5. Employers obligations
6. Dispute resolutionAny disputes which may arise from the interpretation and/or application of this agreement shall be resolved through expedited arbitration, unless otherwise decided by the disputing parties and using the current panel of Conciliators and Arbitrators of the Bargaining Council (unless otherwise decided by the disputing parties).No person bound by the provisions of this Agreement shall engage in or participate in a strike or a lockout or any conduct in furtherance of a strike or a lockout in respect of any matter regulated by this Agreement for its duration.
7. COVID-19 post-lockdown periodEmployers undertake to ensure, post the COVID-19 lockdown period that employees are provided with the necessary and appropriate support to integrate them smoothly and safely back into the workplace.
8. Strengthening industry health and safety provisionsThe parties
9. Offices of the National Bargaining Council for the Electrical Industry of S.A.1. National office - Johannesburg
2. Johannesburg regional office
|9th FloorThe Liberty17 Wolmarans StreetBraamfonteinJohannesburg2001P O Box 31402Braamfontein2017||Tel: 011/3392312Fax: 011/3392366011/3397112Email: email@example.com|
3. Bloemfontein regional office
|9th FloorThe Liberty17 Wolmarans StreetBraamfonteinJohannesburg2001P O Box 31402Braamfontein2017||Tel: 011/3392312Fax: 011/3392366011/3397112Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
4. Cape Town regional office
|74 Victoria RoadWillowsBloefontein9301P.O. Box 1379Bloemfontein9300||Tel: 051/444-5869051/444-5984Fax: 051/4445801Email: email@example.com|
5. Kwazulu Natal regional office
|31 Cook StreetGoodwood7460(Entrance on Vasco Boulevard)P.O. Box 1220Parow. 7499||Tel: 021/591-4784Fax: 021/5916261Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
6. East London regional office
|23 Lennox RoadGreyvilleDurban4023P.O. Box 47852GreyvilleDurban4023||Tel: 031/306-8100031/309-1326031/309-1325031/309-1307031/309-1279Fax: 031/309-1269Email: email@example.com|
7. Pretoria regional office
|Unit 205 Etcott Square256 Oxford StreetEast London5201P.O. Box 19852Tecoma. 5214||Tel: 043/722-0120/21Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
8. Port Elizabeth regional office
|1072 Francis Baard StreetHatfieldPretoriaP.O. Box 12399Hatfield. 0028||Tel: 012/110-4644Email: email@example.com|
9. Polokwane regional office
|25, 4th AvenueNewton ParkPort Elizabeth6001P.O. Box 27287Greenacres6057||Tel: 041/363-5460Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
10. George regional office
|Room 314 Pioneer Bld50 Landdros Mare StreetPolokwane0699P.O. Box 2478Polokwane0700||Tel: 015/291-4157Fax: 015/291-4152Email: email@example.com|
|Office 201, York Mall100 York StreetGeorge6530P.O. Box 1952George6529||Tel: 044/874-5738Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
10. GeneralNo employer or employee may waive the provisions of this Agreement, whether or not the said provisions create a benefit or obligation upon the employer or employee concerned. Every provision, sub -clause or clause shall create a right or obligation, as the case may be, independently of the existence of other provisions.Signed at Braamfontein as authorised for and on behalf of the parties to the Bargaining Council, this 15th day of April 2020.R McAlpine - General Secretary - SAEWAS Khola - National Labour Relations Directors - ECA (SA)D Van Deventer and M Mfikoe - Acting National General Secretary
History of this Government Notice
4 May 2020 this versionPublished in Government Gazette no. 43264Government Notice commences.
30 April 2020Assented to by council.
Download for later
Download the current version of this By-law to read later on your desktop, e-reader or tablet.
- National Bargaining Council for the Electrical Industry of South Africa: extension to non-parties of the COVID-19 lockdown collective agreement ePUB
- National Bargaining Council for the Electrical Industry of South Africa: extension to non-parties of the COVID-19 lockdown collective agreement HTML
- National Bargaining Council for the Electrical Industry of South Africa: extension to non-parties of the COVID-19 lockdown collective agreement PDF