This is the latest version of this Government Notice.
Disaster Management Act, 2002
Directions to Assist Micro and Small Businesses Trading in Permitted Services, to Comply with the Regulations
Government Notice R522 of 2020
- Published in Government Gazette no. 43306 on 12 May 2020
- Assented to on 10 May 2020
- Commenced on 12 May 2020
- [This is the version of this document from 12 May 2020.]
1. DefinitionsIn these Directions, a word or expression bears the meaning assigned to it in the Regulations promulgated in Government Gazette No. 43258, Government Notice No. R 480 of 29 April 2020, and unless the context otherwise indicates-"Regulations" means the regulations published in Government Gazette No. 43258, Government Notice No. R480 of 29 April 2020.
4. Applicable permits/ business licences requiredAll other small businesses, not specifically mentioned in these Directions must apply for permits to operate their permitted businesses as per the Regulations.
5. Small scale bakeries and confectioneriesA Small scale bakery and a confectionery must-
6. Small-scale hardware storesA Small scale hardware store must-
7. Informal and micro restaurants and shisanyamasInformal and micro restaurants and shisanyamas-
8. Tradesmen and/ or artisans businesses
9. Sole traders within the clothing and textiles business
10. CooperativesCooperatives must possess a valid and original certificate of registration as a Cooperative, in order to trade.
11. Application for business licences or trading permits
13. CommencementThese Directions come into operation on the date of publication in the Government Gazette.
History of this Government Notice
12 May 2020 this versionPublished in Government Gazette no. 43306Government Notice commences.
10 May 2020Assented to by council.
Download for later
Download the current version of this By-law to read later on your desktop, e-reader or tablet.