This is the latest version of this Government Notice.
Disaster Management Act, 2002
Directions Regarding the Sale of Clothing, Footwear and Bedding During Alert Level 4 of the COVID-19 National State of Disaster
Government Notice R523 of 2020
- Published in Government Gazette no. 43307 on 12 May 2020
- Commenced on 12 May 2020
- [This is the version of this document from 12 May 2020.]
1. DefinitionsIn these Directions, any word or expression to which a meaning has been assigned in the Disaster Management Act and the Regulations bears the meaning so assigned and, unless the context indicates otherwise —"Alert Level 4" means Alert Level 4 as determined in terms of regulation 3(2) of the Regulations, commencing on 1 May 2020;"Disaster Management Act" means the Disaster Management Act, 2002 (Act No. 57 of 2002);"Minister" means the Minister of Trade, Industry and Competition;"national state of disaster" means the national state of disaster relating to the COVID-19 outbreak declared in Government Notice No. 313 of Government Gazette No. 43096 of 15 March 2020; and"Regulations" means the Regulations issued in terms of section 27(2) of the Disaster Management Act and published on 29 April 2020 in Government Notice No. R.480 of Government Gazette No. 43258.
2. PurposeThe purpose of these Directions is to provide direction on the type of clothing, footwear and bedding which may be sold by retailers during Alert Level 4 in terms of Part E of Table 1 of the Regulations.
3. Clothing, footwear and bedding permissible for sale under Alert Level 4The following categories of clothing and footwear and bedding are permissible for sale by retailers during Alert Level 4 in terms of Part E of Table 1 of the Regulations:
4. Commencement and durationThese Directions come into effect on the date of publication in the Government Gazette, and shall remain in force for the duration of Alert Level 4.
History of this Government Notice
12 May 2020 this versionPublished in Government Gazette no. 43307Government Notice commences.
Download for later
Download the current version of this By-law to read later on your desktop, e-reader or tablet.