This is the latest version of this Government Notice.
Disaster Management Act, 2002
Directions Regarding the Criteria to Guide the Determination of Alert Levels
Government Notice R867 of 2020
- Published in Government Gazette no. 43599 on 7 August 2020
- Assented to on 15 July 2020
- Commenced on 7 August 2020
- [Up to date as at 7 August 2020]
1. DefinitionsIn these Directions, unless the context otherwise indicates—"Alert Levels" means the levels of restriction that will be applicable nationally or in a province, metropolitan area or district, as set out in regulation 3(2) of the Regulations;"epidemiological trends" means the analysis of the distribution and patterns of the spread of Covid-19 infections in the population;"Ministerial Advisory Committee" means the committee appointed by the Minister of Health in terms of section 91 of the National Health Act, 2003 (Act No. 61 of 2003), for the purposes of advising on Covid-19 related matters;"Regulations" means the Regulations made in terms of section 27(2) of the Disaster Management Act, 2002 (Act No. 57 of 2002), and published in Government Gazette No. 43258, Government Notice No. R480 of 29 April 2020.
2. Criteria for the determination of Alert Levels
3. Role of the Ministerial Advisory Committee
4. CommencementThese Directions come into operation on the date of publication in the Government Gazette.
History of this Government Notice
7 August 2020 this versionPublished in Government Gazette no. 43599Government Notice commences.
15 July 2020Assented to by council.
Download for later
Download the current version of this By-law to read later on your desktop, e-reader or tablet.