This is the latest version of this Government Notice.
Disaster Management Act, 2002
Direction Extending COVID-19 TERS Benefits for Certain Categories of Employee
Government Notice R968 of 2020
- Published in Government Gazette no. 43693 on 7 September 2020
- Assented to on 4 September 2020
- Commenced on 16 August 2020
- [Up to date as at 7 September 2020]
1. DefinitionsIn this Direction, unless the context otherwise indicates-"COVID-19" means the 2019 coronavirus (SARS- COV2/COVID-19);"Directive" means the Directive issued by the Minister of Employment and Labour on 25 March 2020 in GN 215 of 26 March 2020 GG 43161 as amended on 6 April 2020 and 16 April 2020 and corrected on 20 April 2020 and as amended on 26 May 2020 and as issued on 11 August 2020;"OHS Direction" means the Consolidated Direction on OHS Measures (GNR639 of 2 June 2020);]"remuneration" bears the same meaning as the definition of the term in the Basic Conditions of Employment Act, 1997 (Act No. 75 of 1997) read with section 35(5) of that Act and the Schedule to Government Notice 69, GG 24889 of 23 May 2003;"vulnerable employee" means an employee -(a)with known or disclosed health issues or comorbidities or any other condition that may place the employee at the higher risk of complications or death than other employees if infected with COVID-19.(b)above the age of 60 years who is at a higher risk of complications or death if infected.
2. Incorporation of Directive for certain categories of employer and employee
3. Application for benefitsAn employer or employee contemplated in paragraph 2 may continue to claim Covid-19 TERS benefits contained in the Directive from 1 July 2020 and may apply for those benefits as provided for under paragraph 5 of the Directive and any additional procedural prescripts that may be required by the Unemployment Insurance Commissioner.
4. Commencement and durationThis Direction, despite the date of publication by notice in the Gazette, is deemed to commence on 16 August 2020 and shall remain in operation for as long as the declaration of the COVID-19, in terms of the National Disaster Management Act, 2002 (Act No. 57 of 2002), as a national disaster subsists or until withdrawn by the Minister, whichever comes first.
History of this Government Notice
7 September 2020 this versionPublished in Government Gazette no. 43693
4 September 2020Assented to by council.
16 August 2020Government Notice commences.
Download for later
Download the current version of this By-law to read later on your desktop, e-reader or tablet.