RepealedThis Government Notice was repealed on 2 December 2021 by Directions on taxi relief fund towards the impact of COVID-19 in the taxi industry, 2021.
This is the version of this Government Notice as it was when it was repealed.
Disaster Management Act, 2002
Directions on Taxi Relief Fund to Mitigate the Impact of COVID-19 in the Taxi Industry, 2021
Government Notice 290 of 2021
- Published in Government Gazette no. 44381 on 31 March 2021
- Assented to on 30 March 2021
- Commenced on 31 March 2021
- [This is the version of this document from 31 March 2021.]
- [Repealed by Directions on taxi relief fund towards the impact of COVID-19 in the taxi industry, 2021 (Government Notice 1567 of 2021) on 2 December 2021]
1. DefinitionsIn these directions, any other word or expression bears the meaning assigned to it in the Disaster Management Act, the Act or in the Regulations, and, unless the context otherwise indicates—"Association" means a group of operators-
3. Purpose of directionsThe purpose of the Directions is to provide for taxi relief fund.
4. Application of directionsThese Directions are applicable to the taxi operators, e-hailing and minibus associations.
Part A – Qualification
Part B – Conditions
Part C – Transitional arrangements for taxi formalisation
Part D – Time table
|Submission of applications||30 September 2021|
|Registration employees to Company and SDL, UIF, COIDA||2 years|
|Transfer of financed vehicles into new company years||5 years|
|Transfer of Operating license to business into new company||7 years|
9. Cut-off date for dispensationThe cut-off of date for the application of the taxi relief fund is 30 September 2021.
10. Companies and Intellectual Property Commission (CIPC) and the National Empowerment Fund (NEF)
11. Short title and commencementThese Directions are called the Directions on taxi relief fund to mitigate the impact of COVID-19 in the taxi industry, 2021, and comes into effect on the date of publication thereof in the Government Gazette.
History of this Government Notice
2 December 2021
31 March 2021 this versionPublished in Government Gazette no. 44381Government Notice commences.
30 March 2021Assented to by council.
Download for later
Download the current version of this By-law to read later on your desktop, e-reader or tablet.