RepealedThis Government Notice was repealed on 2 December 2021 by Directions on taxi relief fund towards the impact of COVID-19 in the taxi industry, 2021.
This is the version of this Government Notice as it was when it was repealed.
Disaster Management Act, 2002
Directions on Taxi Relief Fund to Mitigate the Impact of COVID-19 in the Taxi Industry, 2021
Government Notice 290 of 2021
- Published in Government Gazette no. 44381 on 31 March 2021
- Assented to on 30 March 2021
- Commenced on 31 March 2021
- [This is the version of this document from 31 March 2021.]
- [Repealed by Directions on taxi relief fund towards the impact of COVID-19 in the taxi industry, 2021 (Government Notice of 2021) on 2 December 2021]
1. DefinitionsIn these directions, any other word or expression bears the meaning assigned to it in the Disaster Management Act, the Act or in the Regulations, and, unless the context otherwise indicates—"Association" means a group of operators-(a)which has been formed not for gain;(b)whose object is to promote the interests of members; and(c)whose funds are to be applied in promoting those interest."Disaster Management Act" means the Disaster Management Act, 2002 (Act No. 57 of 2002);"Taxi operator" means a person who is the holder of operating license to ferry passenger for reward by either a motorcar, minibus and midibus;"the Act" means the National Land Transport Act, 2009 (Act No. 5 of 2009); and"the Regulations" means the Regulations issued in terms of section 27(2) of the Disaster Management Act, published under Government Notice No. 480, in Government Gazette No. 43258 of 29 April 2020, and amended by Government Notices Nos R608 of May 2020, R714 of 25 June 2020, R763 of 12 July 2020, R846 of 31 July 2020, R891 of 17 August 2020, No. 999 of 18 September 2020, No. 1011 of 20 September 2020, No. 1053 of 1 October 2020, No. 1104 of 21 October 2020, No. 1199 of 11 November 2020, No. 1290 of 3 December 2020, No. 1346 of 15 1423 of December 2020, No 1370 of 17 December 2020, No. 1421 of 24 December 2020; No. 2020 of 29 December 2020, No. 1424 of 29 December 2020; No. 1453 of 29 December 2021; No. 1370 of 11 January 2021; No. 6 of 1 February 2021; No. 92 of 13 February and No. 93 of 13 February 2021.
3. Purpose of directionsThe purpose of the Directions is to provide for taxi relief fund.
4. Application of directionsThese Directions are applicable to the taxi operators, e-hailing and minibus associations.
Part A – Qualification
Part B – Conditions
Part C – Transitional arrangements for taxi formalisation
Part D – Time table
|Submission of applications||30 September 2021|
|Registration employees to Company and SDL, UIF, COIDA||2 years|
|Transfer of financed vehicles into new company years||5 years|
|Transfer of Operating license to business into new company||7 years|
9. Cut-off date for dispensationThe cut-off of date for the application of the taxi relief fund is 30 September 2021.
10. Companies and Intellectual Property Commission (CIPC) and the National Empowerment Fund (NEF)
11. Short title and commencementThese Directions are called the Directions on taxi relief fund to mitigate the impact of COVID-19 in the taxi industry, 2021, and comes into effect on the date of publication thereof in the Government Gazette.
History of this Government Notice
2 December 2021
31 March 2021 this versionPublished in Government Gazette no. 44381Government Notice commences.
30 March 2021Assented to by council.
Download for later
Download the current version of this By-law to read later on your desktop, e-reader or tablet.