This is the latest version of this Government Notice.
Disaster Management Act, 2002
COVID-19 Temporary Employee/Employer Relief Scheme (C19 TERS) Direction, 2021
Government Notice R167 of 2021
- Published in Government Gazette no. 44222 on 3 March 2021
- Assented to on 26 February 2021
- Commenced on 16 October 2020
- [Up to date as at 3 March 2021]
1. DefinitionsIn this Direction, unless the context otherwise indicates—"COVID-19" means the 2019 coronavirus (SARS-COV2/COVID-19);"Directive" means the Directives issued by the Minister of Employment and Labour on 25 March 2020 in GN 215 of 26 March 2020 GG 43161 as amended on 6 April 2020 and 16 April 2020 and corrected on 20 April 2020 and as amended on 26 May 2020 and as issued on 11 August 2020; and as issued 04 September 2020."Regulation" means the Regulation issued by the Minister of Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs under regulation gazette No 11217 vol 666 of 29 December 2020, and any other thereafter, published in terms of section 27(2) of the Disaster Management Act, 2002 (Act No. 57 of 2002) pursuant to the declaration of a national disaster dated 15 March 2020 in terms of section 3 of that Act;"high-risk contact" means contact with any person who has tested positive for Covid-19 as set out in the OHS Direction or a direction issued by the Minister of Health;"OHS Direction" means the Consolidated Direction on OHS Measures (GNR 639 of 2 June 2020);"remuneration" bears the same meaning as the definition of the term in the Basic Conditions of Employment Act, 1997 (Act No. 75 of 1997) read with section 35(5) of that Act and the Schedule to Government Notice 69, GG 24889 of 23 May 2003;"sliding scale" means the sliding scale contained in the UI Act in accordance with which benefits are calculated in terms of the UI Act;"UI Act" means the Unemployment Insurance Act, 2001 (Act No. 63 of 2001)"vulnerable employee" means an employee—(a)with known or disclosed health issues or comorbidities or any other condition that may place the employee at the higher risk of complications or death than other employees if infected with COVID-19; or(b)above the age of 60 years (or otherwise stipulated in any amended OHS Direction or National Disaster Regulation) who is at a higher risk of complications or death if infected."Other list" means list of sectors in addition to what is in "Annexure A" as the Minister may prescribe in terms of the Directive from time to time.
2. Incorporation of Directive for certain categories of employer and employee
3. Reduced work time benefits
4. Application for benefits
5. Commencement and durationThis Direction, despite the date of publication by notice in the Gazette, is deemed to commence on 16 October 2020 and remains in operation until 15 March 2021.
History of this Government Notice
3 March 2021 this versionPublished in Government Gazette no. 44222
26 February 2021Assented to by council.
16 October 2020Government Notice commences.
Download for later
Download the current version of this By-law to read later on your desktop, e-reader or tablet.